I'm a twit at twitter



Someone told me to exercise my brain, not just keep it active, but ‘stretch’ it through new challenges: learn a language, a craft, a skill. It’s supposed to help stave off dementia. Figured I’d learn to twitter. That way I'm braining s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g while keeping up with a technological world that passes my station platform like a bullet train while I'm still trying to figure out how to buy a ticket. At the rate I'm learning, my brain will stretch twice around the globe. I'm persevering despite the challenges. My progress is hindered by the fact that getting old sucks and body bits don’t work as they once did. I can’t see so well on my small screen smart phone (phone smart/I'm not) and reading tweets gets problematic so I have two pairs of specs these days: boring reading ones, flashy ones for social occasions. I recently wore the flashier ones trying to locate the unflashy reading ones. Fifteen minutes later I located the second pair where I’d pushed them up onto my head. Good look. Tweet that.